Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Today I Will...

try really hard to not complain about anything!

I read this article about women in California who are sleeping in their cars! They are working women (I am sure there are some men out there in this situation too but this article was about women) who cannot afford a place to live. The city opens up a parking lot specifically for them to sleep in, in their cars, from 7p.m to 7a.m.

How sad is this?

I will not complain about the weather. I will not complain about not having enough money. At least I have a place to live. And food to eat, and gas for the p/u truck if I want to go somewhere.
And money to rent a movie if I want to, and buy a cup of coffee or a treat, or a pizza or something.

This is pathetic, that in America, this kind of thing is happening. :-((

More later.....

1 comment:

WrethaOffGrid said...

I read about this too, it's sad, I remember reading that this parking lot where they sleep is for ladies only, at least they have a safe place to sleep at night.

Wretha